The Free College Benefit for UFCW members and their families is a GREAT way to earn your associate degree online WITHOUT any out-of-pocket expenses for tuition or fees! This is an ongoing program so don't worry if you miss the deadline for this benefit - there are more chances to sign up in the future.
GETTING YOUR DEGREE - FREE - COULD BE EASIER THAN EVER! For more information, and for information about help getting your bachelor's degree, click here.
Scholarships available to Local 1445 members and their family members:
Confused? Here's some more information on how to decide which scholarships you might be eligible for. And if you still have questions you can always call us (Sara at 800-439-1445, ext. 103) or email or fill out the form on the "Contact Us" page.
- High school seniors and undergraduate students who are members, or the children or grandchildren of members or retirees, of Local 1445 may be eligible for Local 1445 scholarships and/or for the John G. Silva scholarship. The John G. Silva scholarship is open to Gloucester High School seniors who are members, or the children or grandchildren of members or retirees, of Local 1445 or Local 15. More information and application forms are available from the Gloucester High School guidance office You can also get in touch with VP/ Servicing Director Kevin McGaffigan at 781-708-6335, in the office at 800-439-1445 ext. 121, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Local 1445 ESSAY scholarship is for high school seniors who will be attending a college or university and requires that the student include an essay with the application. The essay should be 750 -1000 words long and on the subject, "How I Would Convince a Skeptical Friend That My Union's Got My Back." Essays are judged on content; applications for the essay scholarship that do not include essays will not be considered.
- The Local 1445 Beppie McNally, Nicole Berman, Dennis Norton, and Joe Hayes Memorial scholarships are 4 scholarships that are open to college-bound or vocational school-bound high school seniors and undergraduate students. There are 2 awards in each of the 4 categories - one for $1000 and one for $500; winners are selected at random at the July quarterly membership meeting from all entries received before the July deadline specified on the application form.
- The Local 1445 LOTTERY scholarship is open to MEMBERS of Local 1445 ONLY who are NOT CURRENTLY undergraduate or vocational school students but who have decided to go back to school, to either a vocational or undergraduate program. This scholarship is designed to help out our members who would not be eligible for traditional educational financial aid.
- In 2022,the UFCW Charity Foundation will award several SCHOLARSHIPS, up to $8,000 each, to UFCW members or their unmarried dependents under the age of 20.